Skip to content
Insurance

User Stats

Votes
Page Trip
Votes |
Any opinion/review of Hippi Home Owner Insurance?

Page Trip
Posted Nov 19 2020, 08:05

We just bought our first home and are in the process of closing the loan (WA state). So currently we need to decide and choose home owners insurance so we can finalize the escrow details. I got quotes from multiple insurance companies, most of them the usual big names (Geico, Progressive, All State etc). Then I came across an article about Hippo and got a quote from them as well. Hippo's quote although not the cheapest, is on a lower end of the spectrum and offers better coverage than most. Hippo also threw in a lot of extras such as equipment breakdown (Covers the cost of repair or replacement for pretty much everything in your home that uses electric power, in the event of electrical or mechanical breakdown with deductible of only $500), coverage for home office equipment etc. However, I probably wont start a claim for a broken fridge or stove, it is good to know that I have these coverages. 

Has anyone made claims with these guys? I can't seem to find many reviews as they are pretty new. Anyone here had experience with them? Is there a catch? Also, your experiences with rates, customer service etc.

Thanks for your time.