Skip to content
Pro Members Get Full Access
Succeed in real estate investing with proven toolkits that have helped thousands of aspiring and existing investors achieve financial freedom.
$0 TODAY
$32.50/month, billed annually after your 7-day trial.
Cancel anytime
Find the right properties and ace your analysis
Market Finder with key investor metrics for all US markets, plus a list of recommended markets.
Deal Finder with investor-focused filters and notifications for new properties
Unlimited access to 9+ rental analysis calculators and rent estimator tools
Off-market deal finding software from Invelo ($638 value)
Supercharge your network
Pro profile badge
Pro exclusive community forums and threads
Build your landlord command center
All-in-one property management software from RentRedi ($240 value)
Portfolio monitoring and accounting from Stessa
Lawyer-approved lease agreement packages for all 50-states ($4,950 value) *annual subscribers only
Shortcut the learning curve
Live Q&A sessions with experts
Webinar replay archive
50% off investing courses ($290 value)
Already a Pro Member? Sign in here

Join Over 3 Million Real Estate Investors

Create a free BiggerPockets account to comment, participate, and connect with over 3 million real estate investors.
Use your real name
By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.
The community here is like my own little personal real estate army that I can depend upon to help me through ANY problems I come across.
Real Estate News & Current Events
All Forum Categories
Followed Discussions
Followed Categories
Followed People
Followed Locations
Market News & Data
General Info
Real Estate Strategies
Landlording & Rental Properties
Real Estate Professionals
Financial, Tax, & Legal
Real Estate Classifieds
Reviews & Feedback

User Stats

Votes
Joseph M.
  • Flipper/Rehabber
  • Los Angeles, CA
Votes |
Johnny Depp Facing Foreclosure on 5 of his properties

Joseph M.
  • Flipper/Rehabber
  • Los Angeles, CA
Posted Nov 7 2017, 09:55

This story is pretty amazing. I didn't realize that Johnny Depp was in such bad shape financially. One of the highest paid actors  in Hollywood that has supposedly earned over $650 Million in the last two decades is not someone you expect to face foreclosure. He supposedly spends over $2 million per month on his lifestyle! 

He apparently refused to sell his private jet to fix his financial troubles as well. 

https://pagesix.com/2017/06/20/johnny-depp-refused...

It will be interesting to see how this plays out. 

---

The Management Group (TMG) filed a motion Monday to foreclose on five of his properties in Los Angeles in order to cover a $5 million loan the company says it gave him in 2012 to cover a City National Bank loan.

TMG claims it took out the loan to cover Depp’s debt and save him from bankruptcy. His former managers also allege that the five houses included in Monday’s motion were used as collateral for the loan, and since Depp has stopped making payments, they want to sell the houses.

The threat of foreclosure is just the latest exchange in what has become a bitter back-and-forth between the actor and his former managers, who he claims he’s made in the last two decades to the point of depletion.

TMG later filed a cross-complaint against Depp, claiming the actor lived an “ultra-extravagant lifestyle that often knowingly cost [him] in excess of $2 million per month to maintain, which he simply could not afford.”

http://people.com/movies/johnny-depp-slams-new-for...

Loading replies...