BiggerPockets Podcast 159: How to Build a Real Estate Business That Buys 60 Deals a Year with Nathan Brooks
Anyone can buy a house. However, it takes a special kind of business (and business owner) to buy dozens of deals every year. That’s the story on today’s episode of the BiggerPockets Podcast, when we sit down with Nathan Brooks to talk about how he went from casual investor to buying nearly sixty deals last year. You’ll learn the key hires that made this transition possible, the process for hiring the perfect team members to work your systems, Nathan’s story of bringing in a partner to help scale, and so much more. If you are looking to really expand your business through partners, employees, and processes, dive into this powerful episode!
Want more articles like this?
Create an account today to get BiggerPocket's best blog articles delivered to your inboxSign up for free
Read the Transcript
Click here to read the transcript.
Listen to The Show on iTunes
Click here to listen on iTunes.
Listen to the Podcast Here
Watch the Podcast Here
Help Us Out!
Help us reach new listeners on iTunes by leaving us a rating and review! It takes just 30 seconds and instructions can be found here. Thanks! We really appreciate it!
This Show Sponsored By
Lima One Capital is the nation’s premier lender for residential real estate investors. They make it easy to finance all of your rental properties and fix-and-flip projects.
Learn more by visiting LimaOneCapital.com/BP
In This Episode We Cover:
- Nathan’s beard, the bear from The Revenant
- A recap of his last show
- The importance of sitting down with your mentor
- How to diversify your income streams
- Why he started his own property management company
- The companies he’s worked with before
- How to avoid working with the wrong company
- Nathan’s current number of employees
- How he builds systems within his business
- How to figure out what you’re good and bad at
- What you should know about partnerships and finding the right people to work with
- How Nathan’s hiring process works
- How to know who to hire first
- The time value of money
- How to relay a process to an assistant
- The importance of creating one-pager how tos
- What exactly lifestyle design means
- Whether it’s really possible to step away from work for six months
- How to figure out your freedom number
- One thing that made a huge impact on his business in the past few years
- Why he keeps on learning and learning
- And SO much more!
Links from the Show
- $140,805.92 profit on our first flip…Thank you Bigger Pockets! [forum post]
- BP Podcast 087: How to Thrive After The Collapse of a Real Estate Empire with Nathan Brooks
- BP Podcast 146: Buying 100+ Units Through Word of Mouth Marketing with Enrique Jevons
- BP Podcast 151: Finding Your “Freedom Number” with Clayton Morris
Books Mentioned in this Show
- The Book on Investing with No and Low Money Down by Brandon Turner
- The 4-Hour Workweek by Timothy Ferriss
- 6 Months to 6 Figures by Peter Voogd
- No Hero by Mark Owen
- The Book on Rental Property Investing by Brandon Turner
- The Millionaire Real Estate Investor by Gary Keller
- Good to Great by Jim Collins
- “Don’t focus on your weaknesses, focus on your strengths.” (Tweet This!)
- “There’s always a person who’ll appreciate whoever you are and ride the rollercoaster with you.” (Tweet This!)