What business entity to use to manage in state and out of state rentals

2 Replies

Hi BP Community,
I am seeking advice for what business entity to set up for rental management. I have some existing rentals in California, my home state, and would soon add some out of state rentals to my profolio. I am not certain which state this would be but it might be multiple properties in multiple state eventually down the road. What would you recommend as a business set up for such a scenario?

Depending on how many you are talking about owning, I'm not necessarily a proponent of entity structuring. 

http://www.biggerpockets.com/renewsblog/2013/08/17...

But if you do, be sure to work with a professional who specializes in REI and multiple state type of stuff. People can recommend ways to do it all day long on here, but everyone's scenarios are different and what may be best for them won't be best for you for whatever reason, and this is not an area to fall short on.

@Ali Boone  Thanks Ali! Great read on your article and the discussions! I like how you covered your own scenario (very similar to mine, it seems like on BP) and all the advice from all the other members. Thanks!

Nazz

Promotion
Invex Capital Group
Real Estate Syndication
Cashflow Your Way to Freedom!
Invex Cap is a Texas based Real Estate Syndication that focuses on cash flowing real estate
Join today!

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you