Goal Setting Spreadsheet

7 Replies

Happy Sunday!

Newbie here looking to get my real estate goals (long and short term) on paper and wondered if anyone had a goal template and spreadsheet to help with this?  

Thanks!

Karen 

Hello @Karen Rodriguez  

I do not have a spreadsheet to display my goals but I write my annual short terms goals in my cell phone note pad app. This way my goals can be seen everyday as we do not go anywhere without our phones.  I have pages set as "goals I must accomplish by xx/xx" Including how many investment properties I will flip, financial goals, new opportunities and fitness goals. I'll mark them completed then set the bar higher if I'm ahead of schedule. Its not the most "professional" setup but it has worked really well for me!

Thanks @Mike Alder!  This is a great idea!

Karen -

I believe that your goals should be staring you in the face daily not sitting in your computer or in a drawer.  

What I have done for years it put everything on a whiteboard in my office.  You can get a big piece of whiteboard at Home Depot - 2'x4'for about $10.   I put all my goals on there, where my business is today and my plans for my business all up on that big whiteboard. You will be amazed at how many of the things come to pass just by writing them down and looking at them daily. Do this and I can promise you things will be very different in 12 months.

Sharon

I am the same as Sharon. I have always done very well writing my goals on a white board. My husband is deploying soon and I have a bunch of very ambitious goals. I plan on reaching  them. Therefore they will be on a white board in my bedroom with all the mini goals.

Elizabeth Colegrove -  Whiteboards are magical.  Using whiteboards is a great way to plan; to lay everything out. It is also great for keeping track of  marketing and other things you want to keep on track in your business.  Something great really does happen not only when you write goals down, but when you actually look at them every day.

Sharon

Originally posted by @Mike Alder:

Hello @Karen Rodriguez  

I do not have a spreadsheet to display my goals but I write my annual short terms goals in my cell phone note pad app. This way my goals can be seen everyday as we do not go anywhere without our phones.  I have pages set as "goals I must accomplish by xx/xx" Including how many investment properties I will flip, financial goals, new opportunities and fitness goals. I'll mark them completed then set the bar higher if I'm ahead of schedule. Its not the most "professional" setup but it has worked really well for me!

I do the same thing with goals in my notes app but Karen's idea about using a spread sheet would help to translate those goals directly into a business plan. They both seems like pretty good ways to go about it. 

@Brandon Turner  turner put an excellent outline out on his realestateinyourtwenties.com site - I believe the pdf is in the BP File section.

I try to read it once a quarter to remind myself of my goals.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you