finding your nitch

8 Replies

Im finding it hard to figure out a strategy in flipping that will differentiate me from the others out there in my market. What are a few examples of how flippers can find his/her niche?

Originally posted by @Solomon Bluzenstein :

Im finding it hard to figure out a strategy in flipping that will differentiate me from the others out there in my market. What are a few examples of how flippers can find his/her niche?

Solomon  - why do you want to be different? There are plenty of proven ways to get into the "game" - choose one and focus in on it.

hi solomon, justin is right, you do not need to stand out. finding your niche requires that you do many aspects of this business that you will find annoying before you find your niche. just get into it and do it. you will find what you are looking for

Thanks all for your advise! The idea of finding your niche or offering something better than your competition is constantly pushed in the business academia so I was wondering if and how it apples to my business.. 

Jump into something small, learn the business and your niche will show itself if you are creative enough.

Originally posted by @Jonna Weber :

I would start with what you know - the area you already work and live in if you can make the numbers work.  There is comfort in already knowing a market.  

Thanks @Jonna Weber! I actually posted a different question touching this subject that I was wondering what you would advise me to do. The area I know well is Brooklyn and its extremely saturated and cutthroat. on the other hand I can focus on deals nearby where its easier start out. 

So to summarize, should I rather focus o the well known but harder, or on the less known and less competitive?  

@Solomon Bluzenstein   - boy, that is a tough one.  I would have my ear to the ground with knowledgeable real estate agents in the New York area on where buzz is just starting or where talk of new development/employers is rumbling.  I am not a flipper - but I listen closely for these sorts of things for my buy and hold clients.  All the best to you! 

Medium labelJonna Weber, Jonna Weber Real Estate | [email protected] | 208‑608‑4884 | http://www.jonnaweber.com | ID Agent # SP41257 | Podcast Guest on Show #80

Thanks for your help @Jonna Weber!! All the best to you as well!

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you