Mission Statement critique

3 Replies

Hi all

hoping some folks will review my mission statement and provide feedback/critique.

Any insight would be most helpful!

"We buy and hold single-family and multifamily properties in emerging urban markets at below market prices. We utilize on the ground knowledge of local markets and efficient management to ensure steady returns of on average ___% to investors . We are committed to using the latest in tech driven solutions to efficiently market and manage our rentals."

Thanks!

I don't know much about writing mission statements, but it seems good to me.  Maybe someone else will have more insight as I bump this message up.  Good luck!

Originally posted by @Jody Schnurrenberger :

I don't know much about writing mission statements, but it seems good to me.  Maybe someone else will have more insight as I bump this message up.  Good luck!

thanks Jody :-)

I like it.  E-myth recommends building a business that you could sell this year.  Creating a business plan with a mission statement could help potential buyers (even if you won't actually sell) understand what your business is about.

If I were a potential buyer, I would find your mission statement quite descriptive.  The only thing that maybe it doesn't tell me could be what your business provides that's at a competitive advantage over other businesses.  If I were to buy your business, what in your business would make me buy yours, instead of the next guy in Michigan, or anywhere? 

E.g. how are you finding those emerging markets in Michigan?

Good luck!  I'd love to hear how you eventually end up, so please drop me a line when you finish.  I'm still working on mine.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.

By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.