Skip to content
Pro Members Get Full Access
Succeed in real estate investing with proven toolkits that have helped thousands of aspiring and existing investors achieve financial freedom.
$0 TODAY
$32.50/month, billed annually after your 7-day trial.
Cancel anytime
Find the right properties and ace your analysis
Market Finder with key investor metrics for all US markets, plus a list of recommended markets.
Deal Finder with investor-focused filters and notifications for new properties
Unlimited access to 9+ rental analysis calculators and rent estimator tools
Off-market deal finding software from Invelo ($638 value)
Supercharge your network
Pro profile badge
Pro exclusive community forums and threads
Build your landlord command center
All-in-one property management software from RentRedi ($240 value)
Portfolio monitoring and accounting from Stessa
Lawyer-approved lease agreement packages for all 50-states ($4,950 value) *annual subscribers only
Shortcut the learning curve
Live Q&A sessions with experts
Webinar replay archive
50% off investing courses ($290 value)
Already a Pro Member? Sign in here

Join Over 3 Million Real Estate Investors

Create a free BiggerPockets account to comment, participate, and connect with over 3 million real estate investors.
Use your real name
By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.
The community here is like my own little personal real estate army that I can depend upon to help me through ANY problems I come across.
Goals, Business Plans & Entities
All Forum Categories
Followed Discussions
Followed Categories
Followed People
Followed Locations
Market News & Data
General Info
Real Estate Strategies
Landlording & Rental Properties
Real Estate Professionals
Financial, Tax, & Legal
Real Estate Classifieds
Reviews & Feedback

User Stats

Votes
Ibrahim Hughes
Pro Member
  • Real Estate Consultant
  • Bloomfield, NJ
Votes |
Realistic Expectations For My Next Acquisitions Mgr?

Ibrahim Hughes
Pro Member
  • Real Estate Consultant
  • Bloomfield, NJ
Posted May 15 2018, 17:07
I'm an experienced Investor who wholesales & rehabs with an occasional buy and hold. I'm currently looking to expand my small team of Acquisition Managers (AM). I have 2 AM's. One is with me full time (he just quit his full-time job) while the other is pretty much part time. They're both aspiring to run their own operation at some point. I'm fine with that but I don't want to build a team of aspiring entrepreneurs. I'd rather build a team of AMs who aren't necessarily in real estate right now (my thinking is that they would likely aspire to run their own company) and who would be happy with what they're doing and looking to move up in our growing company. The position is Commission only. Not sure if that matters. To be clear, I have no issue helping aspiring entrepreneurs. I partner with new investors all the time. However I'd like to keep it separate from the work I'm doing in house to build a company. My sister, who got her master's degree in finance and human resources and has been doing it for a number of years, says that she doesn't think it's realistic to find what I'm looking for. She feels that most people who possess the character traits I'm looking for (natural leadership, go getter attitude, aggressive Etc) are going to be aspiring to run their own business. she was pretty confident but wasn't absolutely sure as she is not experienced in the real estate industry so thought that maybe it was different. So what do you guys think? Looking to hear from experienced investors who have hired team members of different roles to help grow their company. So far I've run a couple of ads on Craigslist and indeed.com. Only had a couple of responses from Craigslist and a bunch from indeed.com. Many on the surface don't really seem qualified I was looking for someone who's working in sales or sales experience but their resumes don't reflect it. Additionally I've asked all of the candidates who have responded to reply with a video explaining why they feel they're right for the position and none have responded. So just trying to figure out whether or not my expectations are realistic or maybe I just haven't put enough time Intuit into hiring the right acquisition manager. Thoughts?

Loading replies...