Starting a property maintenance company

3 Replies

Hello,

I'm currently a licensed General Contractor and working on getting business up and growing. My goal is to focus more towards investors and flipping properties for them or rehabbing rentals. I'm looking to add a property maintenance division to my business in the future and am seeking any advice from other fellow property management/maintenance companies. How do you plan your pricing? What marketing seems to work best? I'm in the twin cities area and there is plenty of competition. What do you recommend staying away from and what do you find works best for an overall business model?

Thank you,

Victor

you're correct. I believe you need to either work for a broker with your realtors license or have a brokerage license which takes 3 years to get.  For managing, I was thinking while the transition for licensing happens I could start up the maintenance side of things. But maybe it makes sense to start things all at once. 

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you