Votes
Ryan Pozzi
  • Lincoln, NE
Votes |
Real Estate with a Mission

Ryan Pozzi
  • Lincoln, NE
Posted Mar 17 2019, 11:52

Hey BP!  Who has stories for me about part of the purpose of the real estate business being doing good in the world?

We just did a deal with an abuse victim who needed an immediate influx of cash so she could use those dollars to move and start a new life away from her abuser.  She had tenants in the house and the numbers were good, but she didn't feel safe waiting even for a fast close so our lawyers wrote a conditional contract and we gave her the cash down payment she needed the same day at a bit of a premium to account for the additional risk, but nothing onerous.  We definitely made money, but it was also very rewarding for one of our deals to have the positive impact of helping her get out of that situation.

Not necessarily specific to abuse, but has anyone experimented with building their real estate business around do-gooderism in some way while also building passive income and wealth?

(I know many of us like to think that we take good care of our properties and that helps the neighborhoods we're in.  I agree with that 100%, but I'm looking for stories and strategies about intentionally taking that to a whole other level.)

Loading replies...