Votes
Micah Herrera
  • Columbus Ohio
Votes |
17 y/o looking to start investing soon

Micah Herrera
  • Columbus Ohio
Posted Jul 6 2022, 17:03

Hello BP forums!  I am going into my senior year of HS and have been accruing capital for the past year-ish.  I currently have about 10k saved up with +7k in my checking and 3k in my stocks(a bit less rn because of the bear market) from working regular HS jobs (and will accrue more) .  I want to start investing in real estate in about 11 months when I graduate HS and turn 18.  My parents and grandparents have offered to pay for my college and I plan on taking them up on the deal and going out of state.  I have narrowed down my choices to texas A&M, Purdue, or Ferris state (big rapids, Michigan).  Not to toot my own horn but I got a 32 on my ACT (36 on stem portion) and I had a 4.25 last year so I would almost definitely get scholarships and can get into all of these schools.  I am going to college for Construction management and would like to own a land development company to further aid my investments.  I want to invest in a multifamily but am unsure if I should invest in Columbus ASAP (a market which I believe in very much but would be away from in college) or wherever I go to school. I was thinking I cauld househack in college in a sort of student rental.  I would be very thankful for any guidance.

Loading replies...