Skip to content
Starting Out

User Stats

Votes
Matthew Phillips
  • New to Real Estate
  • Newberg, OR
Votes |
Brand New Single-family House a Good Investment?

Matthew Phillips
  • New to Real Estate
  • Newberg, OR
Posted Jan 21 2023, 23:12

Good Evening,

Still looking to purchase my first real estate investment, started looking at local single-family houses instead of multifamily units because there are more on the market. Found a 1900sqft house that is listed for $444,900. It's been listed since August of 2022 and the price has only been reduced by $10k. Still pondering what to offer. The house was just finished being built in August of 2022. There are a couple more of the same house being built currently in the same neighborhood just a few lots over. My goal with this single-family property would be to house-hack it. Being that I've just graduated college, and my wife still has one more year left, we're looking to rent out the rooms for now. Eventually, when I go to law school back east, we will rent the house out to local college students. Is it smart to buy a brand-new development as my first investment? I've been thinking about using the BRRRR method, but being a brand-new house, there isn't anything to "rehab". Is the BRRRR method still something I can pursue?

I appreciate the feedback,

Matthew Phillips

Loading replies...