Is it time to just do it?

5 Replies

I've done a lot if research. I understand what to say to a distressed seller and I have someone experienced to call if I need help. I really nervous to start direct marketing. After everything I have learned I think that I really can't learn more without experience. Should I start and just learn as I go?

Absolutely. Just jump in and do it -

You'll learn as you go and adjust to whatever comes your way. The more you do it, the more you'll learn and the easier it will get.

@Zaid R. just nervous as hell for some reason. I'll prolly send these mailers out this week

Don't be nervous...be excited. This is fun.

You've got to jump in the pool if you want to learn how to swim.

Originally posted by @Dylan Burnett :
Zaid Rabadi just nervous as hell for some reason. I'll prolly send these mailers out this week

Dylan,

This is normal, I know I went through it @ one point. Here's what I used to do: go to craigslist and start calling 'for rent' ads, chat with the people, ask about the place, why it's for rent, would they consider selling it...etc

This is a small warm up exercise - I need about 5-7 warm up calls to get in my zone. It's like a sport - basketball players are always taking shots, dribbling before a game to get loose.

Zaid Rabadi I've never heard of that before but that makes great sense I will definitely give it a try. Thanks alot

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here