Votes
Chavel Diaz Jr
  • Investor
  • San Antonio, TX
Votes |
  • Investor
  • San Antonio, TX
Replied Jul 31 2014, 05:27

No service....what I do is pull probates, find the person's DOB, the older they died the better or consider only deaths of 62 yrs on up, going back bout 6 months, this will narrow ur field.  They look for executor/executrix/point of contact. Also, while working these probates start a list of estate attorneys on file to market to them.  Your field should be narrowed by then. Start your marketing campaign, be respectful of their loss, acknowledgeIit, and work it consistently.  Here in Houston,  TX we have RealAcquistions that can cully it for you but is pricey.  You got something similar in PA and got the money you might want to use it.  For the BEST Expert I know on Probates check out @sharonvornholt, follow her, her blog, and youtube videos.

GL,

Chavel

User Stats

Votes
Atchut Neelam
  • Real Estate Investor
  • Minneapolis , MN
Votes |
  • Real Estate Investor
  • Minneapolis , MN
Replied Aug 31 2014, 11:57
Originally posted by @Mark Pedroza:

@Alex Morales Try The Daily Breeze and look for "Notice of Petition to Administer Estate" or if your ever in Corte Madera/Larkspur area (Twin Cities) look for the Marin Independent Journal. Your starting point is Petition for Probate doc (DE-111) Cross reference Estate of (last name) with address, city and county of decedents residence at time of demise (death) Again cross reference this info with your title rep (property profile) to see if the decedent had real estate. If your ever in the city of Martinez (Contra Costa county) you can scan/research file #P97-00727 Estate of Pedroza. I don't remember signing off on probate documents except for Request for Special Notice (DE-154). Drive time from Sac county to 625 Ward St. was time consuming and I needed to know what was going on with the case file.

Yes "dad" had additional property in San Francisco (1182-1184 Treat St) and using I.A.E.A without court supervision but with Notice of Proposed Action (DE-165) Treat St property sold for a screaming/yelling 1997 price of $255,000.00.!!!

Rick did you faint/up chuck??

With all new endeavors (r.e) this may first be overwhelming to you but take small steps and don't worry about Guru's and competition and be careful if your going to purchase "probate leads".

Mark

(N-CA)

Sac/Placer counties

Your posts is very informative. Its shows your expertise. Thanks for sharing. 

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
Atchut Neelam
  • Real Estate Investor
  • Minneapolis , MN
Votes |
  • Real Estate Investor
  • Minneapolis , MN
Replied Aug 31 2014, 12:15
Originally posted by @Robert Davidson:

One big reason US Probate Leads provides all probates is because there are other people/groups that want the entire list. Investors are actually a small group. The major group is bonding companies that want to market bonds to the Personal Representative. Courts require that the Personal Representative post a bond so the estate is protected. Only if the will names someone as Personal Rep AND states that no bond be required will a bond not be demanded by the court. Bonding companies do not care if there is real estate or not.

Hi Robert

Its news to me that bonding companies are interested in probates leads. Interesting to know they do not care if RE is associated or not. Thanks for sharing this info. 

Thanks

Atchut 

User Stats

Votes
Donna Adamek
  • Investor
  • Santa Clarita, CA
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Santa Clarita, CA
Replied Nov 2 2014, 08:55

What about finding Probates in the Los Angeles area?  I haven't found any local paper that carries the info that Mark was talking about.  Orange County has it, but nothing in LA County.

User Stats

Votes
Mark Pedroza
Pro Member
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Sacramento/Placer ~ San Francisco Bay Area counties
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Sacramento/Placer ~ San Francisco Bay Area counties
Replied Nov 17 2014, 01:50

@Donna Adamek Did you try Daily Commerce?? 

There's 37 as of today new "Notice of Petition's" filed at the court house at 111 N. Hill St. dept. 11 in Los Angeles.

One of those case filings is BP157288. This estate is being represented by an attorney here in N-CA which is due for court hearing on 12/11/14 at 8:30am.

At the same court house there's hearing's in dept's 9, and 29 for different files on different day's. (Too many to list here)

Mark

N-CA

(Sac/Placer counties)

• Real Estate Agent CA (#01858403)

• 1-415-786-6700