Fort Bragg

8 Replies

Does anyone have any experience in the Fort Bragg area with rentals? I am in the Military and dont know if I want to start building my empire around the Military base, or in Myrtle Beach (my hometown).

If you have experience around Fort Bragg Id love for you to chime in.

Pros vs Cons for Fort Bragg?

I'm in fort Leonard wood and I'm going to start building around the bases I get station at for my buy and hold reasons. I have purchased a duplex in this area already. Don't know if it helps good luck

Antonio thats awesome. What is your plan in case you PCS overseas or just PCS in general? Thats what I am debating right now...How is the duplex working out for you? Did you use VA?

@Chance Cooper  

I am considering / interested in trying to get Fort Bragg myself for my next assignment, have you been able to purchase anything so far? does it seem like and good buy and hold area from what you see?

I have a primary residence in Williamsburg area of VA which i willbe holding, currently stationed in Fort Eustis.

Best of luck! 

V/R

Raphael Fernandez

Glad you qualified N.C.,  we have F.B. in NoCal which is an interesting tourist area.

there are quite a few buy and hold investors in fayetteville. Pretty good market for it, lots of foreclosures. 

Va loan is easy if you're trying to buy a primary. Hard to buy houses with VA that aren't move in ready.

Cons = no appreciation

Fayetteville has a large rental market and like Alexander said, a lot of foreclosures in SFH. I'm new to investing in this area, so I don't have a lot of experience here. I'm closing on my 2nd local property here in two weeks though, and learning as I go.
You just want to be careful about areas you look to buy in and make sure they are not declining...unless you're looking for that demographic. If you can tolerate D class, you can get some very low priced housing in this area. 

@Kristen Ostby

Hi, new to rei, Wife and I looking to start our buy and hold journey.  In the Fayetteville, NC area.  What is "D class"?  Thx, Dean

In the Fayetteville area, you definitely have to buy at a discount in order to make money on sale and to cash flow properly. As @Alexander Felice said, appreciation in this area is minimal/nothing.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.

By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.