Attorney's who are Wholesale Investor Friendly

10 Replies

Hello. I am in New York, and just wanted to know if anyone knew of any attorneys who are friendly in putting transactions together with wholesale real estate investors. I am in Nassau and Suffolk County (Long Island), and am a Real Estate Agent.  and have a couple of good attorney partnerships, but I do not necessarily think that they do transactions such as wholesaling. Any thoughts or attorney referrals would be greatly appreciated.

Usually the best thing to do when wholesaling is to use a title company that can act as a settlement agent. This way you won't need a lawyer and investor friendly title companies know exactly what to do. 

If you still would like an attorney, join your local REI Club and ask around or call a few title companies for referrals. I am in Jersey and not sure if our attorneys work NY.

@De Vonte Williamson  please let me know when you find one!  I finished my RE Sales Person course on Tuesday and during the class I wound up arguing with a couple of different "seasoned agents" respectfully about the fact that wholesalers existed here.  Funny because they felt threatened by them instead of seeing them as an opportunity!  We'll have to sit down and chat sometime.  I'm have been hosting weekly meetups.  I'll tag you in my next post!  

@Abram Ylitalo Congratulations on pursuing your Real Estate License. I know for a fact that wholesalers exist on Long Island, as you can find many of them on networking sites such as this. However, I do believe that we have obstacles, as I know I heard from others in the past, that wholesaling is not legal. It is all about making the right connections. I will definitely let you know once I find an attorney who is wholesale investor friendly.

Hello Gents. I met Chris Romano at the last REIA meeting. He's with Cassidy, Romano and Love in East Islip. He was presenting some deals and I spoke with him briefly. You may want to contact that firm. Good to see you guys posting @Abram Ylitalo  and

@De Vonte Williamson  . Check out @Hasan Hamdan  's posts about Jersey and other expensive areas similar to Long Island.

I can personally speak for Chris Romano. GREAT attorney and great firm.  Very investor friendly, he does some flips himself.

@Anderson Minaya

Hey Anderson, would you mind sending me Chris Romano's contact info?  I need an investor friendly attorney and title company here in NY (Queens).  I have a my finger on a few properties and I will soon need to have someone to assist me in completing the transactions.

Thanks in advance!

Javier-

Chris Romano is not a trusted source. Runs short on his own flips and they sit dry losing a size spread of profit. It is also well known he beats his wife. Don't know about you but I do not want my deals and business ran through a criminals office. Keep them clean. Billy Alvaro is the guy to go to. Expert REI here on Long Island. Has tons of wholesale deals, flips, best relationships with Title and reputable attorneys. Max Returns. Here is his link. http://www.maxreturnsrei.com/

https://www.redfin.com/openbook/real-estate-lawyer/long-island-chris-romano-sp206876

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here