Best Real Estate Seminar/Book/Resource

5 Replies

Hi - my husband and I are interested in capturing more knowledge in real estate investing - specifically for flipping and rental properties.  Can anyone recommend a great workshop that isn't a scam or book? I attended Yancey free seninar - but saw alk the red signs. Please advice what is the best resource to gain real estate insight? 

@Sulin Rubalcava  , you have found BiggerPockets and that's going to be one the best resources.  There are all sorts of how-to guides and other resources under the "Learn" tab in the blue menu bar at the top.  Then start searching for what you want to learn.  There are even lists of great real estate books.  Listen to the podcasts as well.

Hello @Sulin Rubalcava  ,

There are many good sources including Biggerpockets where you can get a high level understanding of the basic issues involved in real estate investing. As to attending seminars and such, I have a fundamental concern about their relevance to local markets. Not that the material isn't good, most of it is. My problem is that it has to be very general in nature since it is designed to appeal to a wide audience. And, what might be an outstanding investment approach in a specific local in Cleveland would probably be a disaster in a specific local in Ventura, California. What you need is very focused local knowledge, not just the generalized knowledge you will get from seminars.

Best Wishes.

@Sulin Rubalcava May i suggest the Ventura County Real Estate Investors Club. It is a local group that meets up once a month at the Mimi's Cafe in Thousand Oaks. My fiance and I just became interested in investing earlier this year, and this is definitely our favorite REIA that we have attended. There are no sales pitches. The leader goes around the room and has everyone introduce themselves and say what areas of investing they are interested in. Then there is a question and answer period where anyone can ask any questions they may have. If you would like more information, you can go to www.meetup.com and search for "Ventura County Real Estate Investors Club."  

Feel free to send me a PM if you have any other questions about local groups, or anything else.  Talk to you soon.

Thanks - everyone.  I really appreciate it. I'm interested in positive cash flow properties.  

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here