Meeting/Meet ups in Phx, Az area?

7 Replies

Hey, does anyone in the Phx, Az area (or close to the Phx, Az area) know of any meet ups for real investors. I want to get to know people that are investing here in the Phx area, get familiar with them maybe take them out for coffee to pick there brains. I only know of a few out here through meetup.com

@Erick Martinez  - Go the monthly AZREIA meeting, they are also numerous subgroups that meet on a monthly basis.  There is also a buying group that meets every Thursday I think.  

@Justin S.  Where can I find out about the sub groups and buying groups? Right now I am working on getting Mondays off so I can go to the AZRIEA meetings.

@Justin S.   Thanks for the link! I'm checking out the site now.  Anyone find themselves here from asking the same question, start here: http://www.azreia.org/membership/start-here/start-here-for-new-investors/ 

Erick, This REIA is very different than 90% of the other REIA's. It's a FOR PROFIT REIA & thus, one is inundated with Course's to purchase. The majority of REIA forbid this as some Real Estate GURU's make the the majority of money from selling "Programs / Courses " than they did as a RE Investor.

Remember to pay for your education through - Books, Networking , Seminars, & Classes

Other resources include -

National REIA

Cash Flow Depot 

Gary Johnston Seminars

Community Colleges & University - ASU has a Real Estate Degree program & one may audit the class. I took Intro to RE Investing ( at a community college in Oregon) too.

Real Estate Schools -Az School of Real Estate & Business- They  offer  many classes for the RE Investor. Also, I took the Pre Real Estate Sales Persons Licensing and 2- 3 Classes dealt with investing. I was very impressed by the amount of information provided. They offer classes for a reasonable cost .

EBAY - One can pick up a lot of Real estate GURU courses, books,CD & DVD's 

Bigger Pockets 

Meetup.com

Best Wishes for Your Success, Mitch Stanley

Realtor , Keller - Williams Biltmore

Phoenix, AZ

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you