Meeting/Meet ups in Phx, Az area?

7 Replies

Hey, does anyone in the Phx, Az area (or close to the Phx, Az area) know of any meet ups for real investors. I want to get to know people that are investing here in the Phx area, get familiar with them maybe take them out for coffee to pick there brains. I only know of a few out here through meetup.com

@Erick Martinez  - Go the monthly AZREIA meeting, they are also numerous subgroups that meet on a monthly basis.  There is also a buying group that meets every Thursday I think.  

@Justin S.  Where can I find out about the sub groups and buying groups? Right now I am working on getting Mondays off so I can go to the AZRIEA meetings.

@Justin S.   Thanks for the link! I'm checking out the site now.  Anyone find themselves here from asking the same question, start here: http://www.azreia.org/membership/start-here/start-here-for-new-investors/ 

Erick, This REIA is very different than 90% of the other REIA's. It's a FOR PROFIT REIA & thus, one is inundated with Course's to purchase. The majority of REIA forbid this as some Real Estate GURU's make the the majority of money from selling "Programs / Courses " than they did as a RE Investor.

Remember to pay for your education through - Books, Networking , Seminars, & Classes

Other resources include -

National REIA

Cash Flow Depot 

Gary Johnston Seminars

Community Colleges & University - ASU has a Real Estate Degree program & one may audit the class. I took Intro to RE Investing ( at a community college in Oregon) too.

Real Estate Schools -Az School of Real Estate & Business- They  offer  many classes for the RE Investor. Also, I took the Pre Real Estate Sales Persons Licensing and 2- 3 Classes dealt with investing. I was very impressed by the amount of information provided. They offer classes for a reasonable cost .

EBAY - One can pick up a lot of Real estate GURU courses, books,CD & DVD's 

Bigger Pockets 

Meetup.com

Best Wishes for Your Success, Mitch Stanley

Realtor , Keller - Williams Biltmore

Phoenix, AZ

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.

By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.