House listings

9 Replies

everywhere. MLS, newspaper classifieds, driving around. There is not a best place. There are many ways.

Originally posted by @Arlan Potter :

everywhere. MLS, newspaper classifieds, driving around. There is not a best place. There are many ways.

Also, talk to everyone  - your barber, your postal worker, bartender, friends, family, other investors.  You never know who might know of the right property for you.

ty for the response. thought there might be a place to look to get the better deals. guess it would be a good idea to look for key words like. vacant, as-is, price reduction, needs work. etc. to find one below market value. ?

@James Ezzell For buyers, you can use these following key words as guide:

• house for sale
  • buy home
  • buying a home – home buying
  • real estate listings
  • real estate listing
  • find real estate
  • cheap houses for sale
  • buy your home
  • house 4 sale
  • real estate agent listings
  • big houses for sale
  • find real estate for sale
For Sellers, you can use the following:
  • for sale by owner
  • fsbo
  • property for sale by owner
  • properties for sale by owner
  • sell your own home
  • sell your own house
  • selling your own home
  • selling a home on your own
  • for sale by owner listing
  • for sale by owner listings
  • listing property for sale by owner
  • selling your house by owner
  • selling your home without an agent

James (Michael) Ezzell the easiest way is to contact all your local wholesalers and tell them exactly what you are looking for.  I assume you have cash. That's important. 

Call all the numbers on the "we buy houses" bandit signs. Go to your local real estate investment group and ask people who are the best local wholesales.  Google "sell my house fast for cash Hampton Virginia" and look up all the results.  Find all the we buy houses posts on craigslist.

Those are all wholesalers. Most wholesalers don't know what they are doing so talk to a lot of them.  You'll eventually find a couple or three that are real.  They find houses that are great deals. And hopefully still good deals after they take their cut.  And if it is a good deal don't begrudge them the sometimes big cut they get.  What matters is that it is still a deal to you. 

Good luck. 

James (Michael) Ezzell  on the suggestions that he made. Networking with knowledgeable wholesalers could deliver you what you are looking for, but the key word here is "knowledgable" wholesalers. I'm a wholesaler and this is pretty much so what we do. We find cash buyers such as yourself and we do our own marketing campaigns to find deals that are "off market" that try to fit the exact criteria you have set for the properties you are interested in. Interacting within the forums here pertaining to what you are looking for and attending networking events that cater to real estate investors should be able to help you find what you are looking for. Hope you find what you are looking for soon. Good luck

I love this BP so much great advice and quick response to ?s.  Larry No I do not have cash That another ?  had I have not made my first deal yet. and as I do not know anyone with cash enough to borrow I may have to rely on hard cash and the high interest rates for my first few deals.  I was kinda hoping for a mentor to guide my on my first one but with the help i have up here hopefully that will do. i just need the nerve lol

Hey James 

Being here in the BP family is a great blessing and opportunity, it should'nt be hard for you to find or connect with someone who will help guide you and give you the advice you need. You just need to keep connected with the blogs, keep asking questions, do visit any of the local REI clubs like "meetup.com" and you should be able to find who or what you'll looking for.

Be Blessed and look forward to connecting

I actually signed up for my first local meeting over the weekend it is on Dec. 11 

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you