Skip to content
Starting Out

User Stats

Votes
Nastassja S.
  • Real Estate Investor
  • Pittsburgh, PA
Votes |
Would it be rude, naive, or too hopeful to ask for a mentor on BP?

Nastassja S.
  • Real Estate Investor
  • Pittsburgh, PA
Posted Dec 2 2014, 13:27

I believe birddogging is my only option given my situation (I have a large school debt and no job I can get will be adequate enough to pay my debt, survive, AND save for investment). I've quit my $10/hr night job to become an investor/wholesaler full-time (because even making 3 deals a month would be making me more money than I could make with my last employer), but I am not sure how to actually present information (or narrow down buyer criteria) as a birddog. All the buyers I've contacted thus far give me vague information about what they want - so instead of working on and looking for good, workable properties, I'm left with providing a bunch of Maybe's and still not sure how to present it to my buyers.

This is where I've come to ask if it would be totally naive or rude to ask for a mentor (who'd like to invest in/around Pittsburgh, PA) who could guide me, at the least temporarily, on how they would like properties submitted to them and what they consider a "good find". Naturally I would offer my first 5-10 successful deals free of any charge (or at the minimum a dollar). Would I/could I expect to be taken advantage of?

I've had a few classes, and read a few books. I'm not completely clueless about REI and the many, many branches of investing within it. I suppose its the details that I lack.

Am I stepping out of line asking for this sort of apprenticeship?

Loading replies...