Skip to content
Starting Out

User Stats

Votes
Aly W.
  • Investor
  • Middletown, NJ
Votes |
Bathtub/shower liner company in Ft. Lauderdale?

Aly W.
  • Investor
  • Middletown, NJ
Posted Jan 7 2015, 13:52

Hi folks, 

I have a rental condo that has a pinhole leak in the steel bathtub. It leaked into the ceiling of the unit below. Other than replacing the entire tub, my contractor suggested installing a tub liner.

I called Bathfitters and they can come out for a consultation next Monday, but it would take 6 - 8 weeks(!) to produce a custom liner for the tub at a cost of about $1000. In the meantime, my contractor used epoxy to seal the hole and told the tenants not to use that shower/tub (they have another bathroom to use). 

Any suggestions on a company that can do this any faster? I don't have an issue with price if it's done right, but putting the tenant's second bathroom out of commission for almost two months is a concern.

Thanks!

User Stats

Votes
Bryan N.
  • Investor
  • Hampton Roads, VA
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Hampton Roads, VA
Replied Jan 7 2015, 14:29

@Aly W. 

I thought those tubs could be repainted or refinished.  If the hole has been sealed, someone should be able to finish it off be paint the entire tub so it looks new.  

User Stats

Votes
Aly W.
  • Investor
  • Middletown, NJ
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Middletown, NJ
Replied Jan 7 2015, 14:37

They can be refinished, but the pinhole goes all the way through the steel and there are other rusted areas. It's not a cosmetic/painting problem, I wish it was that simple.

BiggerPockets logo
Find, Vet and Invest in Syndications
|
BiggerPockets
PassivePockets will help you find sponsors, evaluate deals, and learn how to invest with confidence.