Going for broke! Starting Aggressively

3 Replies

Hey BP,  

One thing I have realized about this entire process is the need for accountability. As I poke around the edges of the REI world, and start to assimilate a lot of the information that I have absorbed on the site through the great resources, as well as my own educational pursuit, I have come to this point:

I want to start now.  Like RIGHT now. 

Once I put the polish on my Business Plan, I am going to post it here for review. Feel free to rip it to shreds, and criticize to your hearts content. I am inviting the scrutiny.  And the reason why is due to the fact that I know that the sum of the knowledge present on this site will always outweigh my own.  I will never know "enough" to go this route alone.  

I have zero capital to begin with, and that is ok. I say this because I know the channels to tap in order to secure the financing, i just have to do it. 

I have identified my personal weak points, and that is great.  Because I know what members I need to recruit to my team to help me work on them, I just have to do it.

I have identified the area(s) I want to operate in, I just have to do it.

I realize that this is a journey; that this is a process.  I just have to begin.  

I plan to update regularly on my progress.  I plan to ask for advice and share my victories and failures so others may be able to learn from my mistakes.  I want this community to keep me accountable.  I want to do the same for the community.  I want to start this path so I can give back even a sixteenth of the value to this community that has been given to me.  

I want this.  For my family, for my community, and for myself.  

I am posting this because it will serve as one more thing to keep me accountable to myself, and others.  

I thank anyone who has read this, and I thank anyone who encourages me on this path.  I will do the same for you.

Ian

Welcome to BP!

There are tons of free resources for you to start your real estate career.
Take a moment and look at the learn tab on top and read through all the how to guides.
Next listen to all the podcasts. That should answer 90% of your questions.

Best of luck to you.

@Ian Ray, it is great you put it out there the way you did.  We are just starting as of 2 weeks ago.  We've driven around and found a few properties to pusue and we are about to send our first mailing.

you have to just do it.

I am looking forward to your updates.

Ian, I would encourage you since you have found you have a passion for building a career out of real estate investing, However I would suggest you take the time to make sure that whatever deal you choose to make will be one that will really work especially if you will be working with someone else's money. Consult this website and take advantage of all that is offered here to you and also consult local real estate agents. They can usually tell you if what you are thinking of will be something worthwhile that you can rent or that will sell. Do your best to be careful and make sure things will really work. 

Do not fall in love with low end properties as you may find they will hold you up, give you headaches or cause you to lose money. Remember time is money so you want to do a deal that will take only a reasonable amount of time and will truly pay off financially. 

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.

By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.