• Charlotte, NC
Votes |
Going for broke! Starting Aggressively

Ian Ray
  • Investor
  • Charlotte, NC
Posted Jun 2 2015, 18:23

Hey BP,  

One thing I have realized about this entire process is the need for accountability. As I poke around the edges of the REI world, and start to assimilate a lot of the information that I have absorbed on the site through the great resources, as well as my own educational pursuit, I have come to this point:

I want to start now.  Like RIGHT now. 

Once I put the polish on my Business Plan, I am going to post it here for review. Feel free to rip it to shreds, and criticize to your hearts content. I am inviting the scrutiny.  And the reason why is due to the fact that I know that the sum of the knowledge present on this site will always outweigh my own.  I will never know "enough" to go this route alone.  

I have zero capital to begin with, and that is ok. I say this because I know the channels to tap in order to secure the financing, i just have to do it. 

I have identified my personal weak points, and that is great.  Because I know what members I need to recruit to my team to help me work on them, I just have to do it.

I have identified the area(s) I want to operate in, I just have to do it.

I realize that this is a journey; that this is a process.  I just have to begin.  

I plan to update regularly on my progress.  I plan to ask for advice and share my victories and failures so others may be able to learn from my mistakes.  I want this community to keep me accountable.  I want to do the same for the community.  I want to start this path so I can give back even a sixteenth of the value to this community that has been given to me.  

I want this.  For my family, for my community, and for myself.  

I am posting this because it will serve as one more thing to keep me accountable to myself, and others.  

I thank anyone who has read this, and I thank anyone who encourages me on this path.  I will do the same for you.

Ian

Loading replies...