Skip to content
Starting Out

User Stats

Votes
Benjamin Allen
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Geneva, NY
Votes |
I Closed on my First Deal in March, and now on my second deal in July!!!! How do I keep going?

Benjamin Allen
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Geneva, NY
Posted Jun 6 2015, 04:14

Hello, I closed on a single family home in march, now I'm closing on what will be a owner-occupied duplex. I've gone from 29% to 35% debt-to-income ratio. I want to keep buying a house every year, maybe even two a year. I'm 23 years old. My question is really two-fold. First, How do I keep my DTI ratio down while still obtaining properties? Secondly, is there any ways you've (BiggerPockets Community) found in the past that have worked good for you in getting down payments for larger value property for 4 units or even 5 to 50 unit buildings? The bank has told me even when it is owner-occupied the down payment requirement will go up as the unit amount increases. I would like to add also I'm not really interested in getting a partner, I'm not a big fan of them on the basis of everyone having a different opinion or vision of how the company should look like in the future. Although, I may not be opposed to angel investing, depending on how the deal is structured. This Community has helped me out a lot in the past as well as my mentor in the past. I really appreciate all those who have taken the time to give back to society and even their own communities. America wouldn't have been where we are today without you.

Loading replies...