Looking at a deal and how much to spend

2 Replies

So let me see if I have an understanding of how to look for a deal.

So I find a property and have it appraised/inspected and the Approximate Retail Value of the property is $380,000. It needs $20,000 in repairs but has an 100% occupancy. So I should be looking to only pay or get a loan for 70% of $360,000 and try to close the deal?

This sounds tough to find.

Please let me know what parts I am missing and out line how you would look at a deal.

How do I figure in the 50% of the NOI and other things you are doing?

Will,

Originally posted by @William Fritsche :

So let me see if I have an understanding of how to look for a deal.

So I find a property and have it appraised/inspected and the Approximate Retail Value of the property is $380,000. It needs $20,000 in repairs but has an 100% occupancy. So I should be looking to only pay or get a loan for 70% of $360,000 and try to close the deal?

This sounds tough to find.

Please let me know what parts I am missing and out line how you would look at a deal.

How do I figure in the 50% of the NOI and other things you are doing?

Will,

Your question doesn't make a ton of sense, as it appears you're blending together concepts related to wholesaling, buying & flipping, and buying & holding for rental purposes.

So, to start, clarify a bit what your goals are; Are you looking to identify properties to wholesale?  To flip?  To hold & rent?