Skip to content
Starting Out

User Stats

Votes
Jabu Reamey
  • Entrepreneur
  • Saint Louis, MO
Votes |
4 family fully rented. what do I need to do first?

Jabu Reamey
  • Entrepreneur
  • Saint Louis, MO
Posted Jul 20 2015, 14:14

I recently, (July 14th) purchased a 4 family home on the south side of saint louis, it was relitevily cheap and seemed like a definite buy, I am pretty inexperieced as this is my first home purchase.

The closing took about 7 weeks due to the bank being a nightmare and the seller left the country on the day of the closing and I have no contact with her.

The listing agent gave me 4 keys for the front doors and no other info other than copies of the leases. no key for the back door. 

I have hand delivered letters letting the tenants know the house has been sold with my contact information and letting them know new leases will need to be signed on august first and to contact me with any questions or comments because they were all month to month and I will be requiring 1 year leases. 

I was wondering, how can I go about making sure the utilites are set up? 

what else should I do to make this as smooth of a transition as possible? and any other just overall advice would be greatly appreciated.

one of the units was supposed to be vacated by jul-20th which is today and it appears to still be full of the tenants things although I have no way of contacting him. 

Thanks,

Jabu

Loading replies...