Freedom Mentor/ Phil Pustejovsky

8 Replies

Hello Everyone. I am just getting started in REI. I am very intrigued by Phil's program and am willing to try it out. I have done quite a bunch of reading on this forum on his program and I still have no reason to doubt what he has to offer. I know one thing is for certain. I will need a mentor/coach to show me the ropes. Even if it is reviewing past deals/experiences so I can gain understanding by following their footsteps. What better place than to find a community to act as such a mentor?! This is my first post here and am looking forward to growing in the community here. Aside from more research in his business, what are some things I can check into to get involved in making deals?

First of all, I would say that you should not pay a dime for any education unless it is for a book. If you want a mentor, then find one in your area and start asking how you can benefit working for them for free in exchange for knowledge and experience. There is a lot to be learned right here on BP which is excellent place to start. Read all the blogs and and articles you can and listen to as many, if not all, the podcasts you can.

Colin Smith, Real Estate Agent in CO (#ER.100052152)
719-232-6709

If you're talking about this guy:

http://www.biggerpockets.com/co/phil-pustejovsky

I'm lovin his free video course right now. 10 hours+ of just great stuff. His book is free too. I'm with you though...as much as I love the free stuff, at some point I am going to need to get serious about a mentor.

Thanks for the reply.   I too have been enjoying his free video course but the one thing that bugs me is how it is a 30,000 ft birds eye view of whats going on, not a clear picture of how to get started.

I am very glad I have found this website and I have been listening to some of the podcasts here.  I am very ready to take action and get the ball rolling. 

Originally posted by @Joe Doyle :

If you're talking about this guy:

http://www.biggerpockets.com/co/phil-pustejovsky

I'm lovin his free video course right now. 10 hours+ of just great stuff. His book is free too. I'm with you though...as much as I love the free stuff, at some point I am going to need to get serious about a mentor.

@Joe Doyle  I noticed your only 2 posts on BP both link to Phil's profile. Are you a student of his currently?

I would recommend finding someone that is local to you. Go to your local REIA meetings and find out who is doing what you want to do and doing it "fulltime" Find out if they will mentor you or if you can hire them as a coach. Good Luck

I gotta tell you, I like Phil Pustejovsky. I cannot speak to the value of his program, as I have not been a client of his, but he speaks the real deal about REI. I do prefer local coaches, but there just aren't enough of them and I don't know one in Lubbock.

If you ever come to Dallas, plan to come by and visit us at the WeBuyHouses.com HQ!

"A coach is someone who tells you what you don't want to hear, who makes you see what you don't want to see so you can be who you've always known you can be." ~ Tom Landry

No, not a student. Although I have been researching him and his program. 

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.