My 1st investment property will be out of state!

2 Replies

Hey everyone my names Brandon, I'm brand new to BP and this is my first post! Im very excited and motivated to hopefully buy my first property in general and make it an investment property with the best cash flow possible sometime with in this year. I live in San Diego and want to look out of state to find the best deal. Realistically I only have 15k currently saved for this investment and in San Diego I have been pre-approved for 200k FHA loan. My questions are first what are the best states overall that seems to give back the best cash flow and overall deal, how can I find these properties/ internet look up once I've figured out witch states to consider, and what other paths should I take to make sure I find a great opportunity??

@Brandon Elliott do you have anyone in an area outside of CA that can help you? Starting out it's great to have "boots-on-the-ground" where you want to invest until you get up and running with a team of pros to help you out. If I were you I'd look here in CA but search up in Riverside and San Bernardino. This way you can drive there withing a few hours if necessary. You can probably find something in Hemet, San Jacinto or other areas like that.

Thanks Bruce thats a really good idea! I dont have a team in the other certain states I would like to venture into and ideally would really like to see in person and have just a drive instead of a flight to a property.  Thanks for the idea. 

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you