• Fort Walton Beach, FL
Votes |
Should I stick with this Realtor?

Arianne L.
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Fort Walton Beach, FL
Posted Aug 18 2015, 15:44

Hi, thank you for taking the time to read my post. I am a new investor and am eager to get my first investment property. Looking mainly at 1-4 unit multifamily buy and holds, but also considering SFRs and flips.

I have been working with a Realtor (who was referred by a friend/coworker). He has shown us around 4 properties (SFRs) and has been in contact with listing agents of multifamily listings. We found all the properties on the MLS. He went out of town for a week and another realtor from his office showed us a few multifamily properties. We expressed on Sunday that we want to place offers on two four-plexes. The 2nd realtor said that they would have a meeting on Monday (yesterday) about these and the original realtor would get back to us.

We tried contacting him yesterday and today and have only gotten through to voicemail. We really want to at least put in an offer on these properties, as we are eager to get started. If they get accepted, great. If not, then we can move on to other prospects. I greatly appreciate the time that the realtor has spent with us, but I hate to say it, the communication feels way too slow. I may lack experience, but I feel that one day can mean the difference between getting a deal and losing it. 

We are offering significantly less on these two properties than list price, but they are the numbers that work on our buy and hold analysis, at around 7-8% cap rate. Could it be that the realtor feels that they are unlikely to accept the offer and it's not worth the time? While I agree that there is a big chance they won't accept it, I would still like to try. Is this an unreasonable expectation?

Any thoughts on the matter would be greatly appreciated.

Ask Arianne Logo

Loading replies...