Recommended Tenant/Landlord Education?

6 Replies

Over the next twelve months I would like to purchase a multifamily rental unit, owner occupied, using an FHA loan. I want to learn all I can about lease agreements, tenant screening, potentially forming an LLC, etc. to ensure I am protected and can be a top-notch landlord, without missing any important aspects.

Whether it's a book to read, a forum to peruse, or a podcast/audiobook to listen to, any advice or recommendations would be wonderful. Thanks!

listen to the podcasts here on BP and use the "Learn" section at the top of the page. Learn the specific landlord/tenant laws for your state and be sure that anytime you ask questions here in the forums you specify the city/county and state where you are investing. Best of luck @Dillon Loomis

Don Beck is a landlord in PA that has educational materials. An attorney in the Pittsburgh area named Brad Dornish has some educational home study materials for sale at his website. Neither of those will require you to spend exorbitant amounts. 

@RobBeland @SteveBabiak Thank you for the input, I appreciate it. I will definitely look into those things!

@Dillon Loomis ,

To make the @ work, do the following:
Hold down the shift key and type @?
Look below this Window, and you will see a list of names of people that have posted in this thread.
Click on the name of the person that you want notified via an email, that you responded to them.
If you are a Colleague with anyone that has NOT posted in the thread, and you want them to see your post, hold down the shift key, type the @ and the first 4 letters of their First or Last Name.
Then look below this Window and click on that person's name.
Raymond

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Get the Ultimate Beginner's Guide