• Milpitas, CA
Votes |
Success first direct mail campaign!

Jimmy Ho
  • Investor
  • Milpitas, CA
Posted Sep 12 2015, 18:30

Hi BP members!

After reading and listening to numerous posts I've finally decided to pull a trigger on direct mail. After reading I've decided to go with yellow postcard and it was a huge success. My target are people that owe property tax on their vacant land. Couple weeks ago I sent out a list consist of 250 people and I had received 30+ calls back. There were a lot of people wanting an arm and a leg for their vacant land. 

Out of 30+ returned call I had finally found a needle in a hay stack, the seller whom returned my called was the daughter of the title holder which who had passed away 2 years ago. She doesn't want to pay the property taxes and did not want to jump to any hoops of transferring the property to her name even though the father had left a will letting her make all the executive decision of any properties he own. I had told her I'll figured things out and send all the necessary paperworks so she doesn't have to do anything except to go to the notary and sign the paperworks.

This is the first time doing any deal and I can not let this deal passed because the price we had agreed on is too good compare to comps around the area! I had went to title company to make sure the title is clean and free of lien. Called the county to make sure the parcel is good to built on and there's no problem with planning department. I had also asked her to send me the "will" so I want to make sure it's legit before I proceed.

I'm going to fill everything out and give her to sign at notary place:

_ Affidavit of death

_ Grant deed

_ Preliminary transfer of ownership

_ Purchasing contract

Please let me know what else would I need to give me, much appreciated!

Loading replies...