• Chicago, IL
Votes |
Putting a Real Estate Investing Joint Venture School - Need Help

Wendell De Guzman
  • Investor
  • Chicago, IL
Posted Sep 25 2015, 14:04

Hey BP Nation - specially those based in Chicago:

I am putting together a "Real Estate Investing Joint Venture School".

It's my anti-dote to the guru "education". It's FREE and only active BP members can teach in this school. It's like having the BP Podcast but it's LIVE - in a classroom setting. There's no pitch. No BS. Just real life real estate investors sharing their know-how with other investors.

How do we profit with this and why would busy real estate investors be interested in teaching others?

The answer: through creation of JOINT VENTURE opportunities.

When I started "opening the kimono" and get people to look inside what goes on in my real estate business, that's when I started doing joint ventures with BP members. I shared the GOOD, Not-so-good and even my stupid mistakes that I commit even to this day. But instead of losing out because I teach away my know-how, I gained a lot through the JV opportunities that came up. In fact the profit in my real estate business DOUBLED in 2015 vs. 2014.

Here's the forum thread that started it all:

Real Life of a Real Estate Investor

I followed it up with Year 2 of The Real Life series - $1M Profit in 12 Months Goal

And I've decided to post it in separate forum post every week. Here's the latest post:

Week 26 Towards $1M in 12 Months

Going back to this school, it will be done every week (just like the BP Podcast) - every Tuesday at 6:30 PM. It will be "face-to-face" or live for Chicago-based investors but it will be online for investors outside Chicago. It will be held first in my office in Downers Grove and as the class grows, we'll get a bigger venue.

So, the help I need from you BP Nation, specially those based in Chicago and its suburbs are two things:

1. What topics you want to learn from experienced investors to teach in the "School"?

2. Who are the professors you recommend (again, these have to be experienced real estate investors who are BP members)?

I will do the first four sessions. The topics I will talk about are the following:

September 29 - Real Estate Financing 101: The Three Types of Lenders You Need to Buy Houses

October 6 - Real Estate Flipping 101: How to Rehab Houses (with Before and After Pictures and Get My Repair Calculator!)

October 13 - Real Estate Landlording 101: How to Screen Tenants (get my Tenant Application Form and a list of tenant "lies" and how to spot them)

October 20 - Real Estate Landlording 101: Rent to Own Basics (why I make MORE money with rent to own vs. rehabbing!)

So, who wants to recommend a TOPIC and a TEACHER?

Thanks in advance!

Loading replies...