Investors in Okinawa, Japan

10 Replies

Good Afternoon BP from Okinawa, Japan, 

I was wondering if there is any BP Member's out here that is willing to share some knowledge about REI. I have been doing a lot of researching and I was hoping to just sit down over coffee and ask questions about your experiences.

Thank you for your time and Happy Holidays. 

David Wong 

Welcome to BP! 

For starters, you may want to visit the categories that interest you here. From there, you can ask questions and network with others who have similar interests. 

Best of luck! 

David I wouldn't mind spending some time drinking some coffee and chatting, but as far as experience is concerned I am pretty much in the same boat as you.  I can however recommend a lot of the books that I have read that will maybe help you figure out which direction you want to go.  I also have a friend who has plenty of experience investing, maybe he could join along too.

Adam

Hi @David Wong, I just saw your post. Not sure if you are still looking or interested in re in Japan, but I'm happy to help with any questions you have. You are welcome to contact our head office in Fukuoka and speak with Ziv Nakajima-Magen who is the APAC manager. He has plenty of knowledge on the market and loves to talk shop! Or I can even arrange a meeting if you prefer and are still interested. 

Priti Donnelly

@Priti Donnelly I appreciate your response to this thread. Unfortunately, I have actually moved from Japan to pursue real estate in Washington state. I am sure there are a lot of other people that would love to chat about Japan. I believe @Adam Treece is still in Japan and may be interested, but I do understand he did just recently purchase a property. 

Thank you @Mark Nolan I have am currently reading "The Book on Flipping House by John Scott" and it sure has a lot of good knowledge I didn't previously know. 

@Jay Hinrichs I truly appreciate your dedication and knowledge that you've provide to this community. I've actually kept up with a lot of your post and I really enjoy reading your insight on pretty much everything. Thank you! 

This topic hasn't been touched in almost a year, but I wanted to post to see if anyone had some input. I am going to be moving to Okinawa in the next few months, and because of the projected length of my stay, I'm seriously considering buying a home that I can turn into a rental once I leave.

I understand rentals in the U.S. but have absolutely no idea how things work in Japan. I am looking for a local company that is willing to work with an American investor.

Thanks in advance!

Sincerely,
Austin Groupp