Anyone have a Purchase & Sale Contract I can use

10 Replies

So I been in the game for about a year now and joint ventured with a good partner. The problem is that anything I got he took over and used his contract and his rules etc. I never had my own purchase and sale contract and would like one. I'm looking for a 1-2 page contract with and/or assigns in the contract so I never have to remember to put that in the contract. Does anyone have this and that i can get from them. Thanks guys.

If you needed heart surgery, would you ask someone on the internet to perform the surgery  for free and trust that they, a stranger were going to do a good job? Probably not.  Go see a real estate attorney so you do not get yourself in trouble trusting a strangers legal contract.

@Nick Hull

Checkout your local board of realtors.  They usually have a copy of their purchase agreements online.  A good choice to use because your local attorneys are already familiar with the agreement. 

Originally posted by @Account Closed :

@Nick Hull

Checkout your local board of realtors.  They usually have a copy of their purchase agreements online.  A good choice to use because your local attorneys are already familiar with the agreement. 

Those contracts are licensed for the use of realtors. A nonrealtor can not use them.

You have to be a licensed Realtor to use the forms provided by the commission in your state. Your best bet is to go see a lawyer, it's going to cost a little bit but it'll be worth it, trust me.

@Russell Brazil and @John Weir and @Nick Hull

Well maybe my memory is failing me which deal of mine this story relates to, but I remember drawing a purchase agreement on a private deal I had with a home owner who lost their house to a flood in 2011.  Instead of using my contract, the attorney I chose to facilitate the closing had me fill out the same contract that was used by the local board of realtors.  The paralegal further told me it was cheaper to do this because the attorney was more familiar with the boards purchase agreement.  I thinks the office was Kocsis Law Office in Athans, Pa.  No realtors were involved.

It was either that home or one  that I did in NY where the attorney was Kevin Yeager Attorney in Binghamton.  Can't remember, but it def. happened with one of the 2 said attorney.

So based on the other gentleman's comments, you may want to contact a local attorney in your area to see if anything precludes you from using the board of realtors contract, Sounds like some may have restrictions on its usage.  Thanks guys, I will look into that on future deals as well.