My First "Bob"

4 Replies

I've been looking for a partner to do a long term hold rental with me. Going to REIA meetings reading books listening to every podcast taking to everyone I know about real estate.
I finally got someone to take a meeting with me next week about entertaining the idea of a partnership. He's my insurance agent but we have a bit of a relationship as I have a lot of policies with him and it's a small town.
In the past he had 4 properties with a partner and the parent was no good. The tenants we're dealing drugs and he ended up having to sell them off.
How do I talk him in to working with me? Other than of course finding a sweet deal. Which is proving very hard in the north of Nashville market.
I feel like I tend to get over excited and scare people off.
I like that he's been through this before and isn't afraid to jump in like everyone else that's told me they're interested and I never hear from again.

What's my move? How do I sell myself and the deal (or the deal I don't have I should say).

Thanks

PS any Nashville wholesalers have anything in Madison goodlettesville or greenbrier I can present him with?

Thanks!

What do you need him to do for you as a partner? Just tell him your goals, find out his goals, and if it fits, something will organically arise. You can't force a partnership, it just has to work.

Your "move" is to actually FIND "a sweet deal". ("Which is proving very hard in the north of Nashville market"). Good luck...

@Lucas Carl , if you find a sweet deal need a partner, drop me a line. 

hey Amit! How sweet of a deal? 70% ARV just isn't going to happen here. Are you interested in buy and hold? Hit me on my inbox

Thanks 

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.

By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.