Hey from Chicago!!!

3 Replies

Hey everyone!

My name is Ben and I'm new to the Chicago area. I've recently gotten extremely excited about real estate investing, listened to a majority of the podcasts, read my way through a lot of forum posts and books and have attended a few REI events to help start developing my professional network!

My two main goals are to begin by flipping houses (for the capital) then move my way to the BRRRR / house hacking strategy for longer term investments / cash flow. The plan for the flips are single family dwellings and multiplexes for the BRRRR's.

I've saved up a tidy sum of cash and have great credit, so I don't see getting a loan to be a big issue, so the only question I have now is where in Chicago has the best upside potential? I keep discussing this vision of mine with realtors who immediately ask me which area's i'm most interested in. As I am new to the Chicago area, I was wondering if anyone had any recommendations / suggestions for good areas with upside potential (looking for a price range between $80k and $250k). Please let me know if you have any advice or recommendations!

Hi @Benjamin Cohen I'm a rehabber and also an investor friendly realtor from Chicago feel free to pm me anytime.

Hey @Benjamin Cohen , I am realtor in the south suburbs by Orland Park, Tinley Park and other surrounding areas. You need to look at areas like these with good schools and high demand.

If you would like to discuss more send me a private message. I work with flippers and I do comps, research school, days on market and so on.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here