• Rental Property Investor
  • Overland Park, KS
Votes |
Building Maintenance Systems

William S.
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Overland Park, KS
Posted Aug 5 2017, 15:56

I'm am trying to build my systems for managing the rentals I have. The biggest thing I have run into is being contact constantly over items that are not issues. I am creating a Tenant Orientation document that goes over the basics. I'm looking to get some feedback on the below:

COMMUNICATION
Communication is to be done via email only. This is for tracking items and record keeping.
Business hours are Monday-Friday 5:00 pm - 9:00 pm, Saturday-Sunday 8:00 am - 12:00 pm
We will respond during these hours of operation in a timely manner.
Example
  1. Tenant notices toilet keeps running
  2. Tenant quickly notifies manager via email about issue
  3. Manager makes note for tracking and record keeping purposes
  4. Tenant refers to this document to call appropriate vendor and quickly arranges a time when tenant is present for vendor to fix issue
  5. After issue has been fixed by vendor, tenant pays vendor and keeps receipt
  6. Tenant follows up with manager via email that issue has been fixed and attaches receipt

In the document I go over what are emergencies and what are not. I also explain common issues and who is responsible financially and what vendor to contact. Below this I have also supplied a list of vendors and contact information for them to refer to. These are for properties in B+/A-Class neighborhoods and the tenant pool should be more than capable of following the process.

Loading replies...