Votes
RL Spencer II
  • Frisco, TX
Votes |
Branding your RE business name

RL Spencer II
  • Frisco, TX
Posted Oct 15 2017, 18:45

I have a question about naming my real estate business. I will be signing with a brokerage firm this month (have 3 appointments) and I would like to know do I need to have the brokers approval for the following:

• To use my own domain I purchased for my company?
  • I have also found a name for my business and logo for my business cards?

More or less, I am looking for feedback on how to discuss this during the upcoming meetings as well. Any feedback would be appreciative. 

User Stats

Votes
Ross Turner
  • Pismo Beach, CA
Votes |
  • Pismo Beach, CA
Replied Oct 15 2017, 19:41

Great question! I run a real estate Branding and marketing agency...so I actually get that question a lot.

First off, each state and each brokerage has their own rules. It is always important to have your brokerage logo included on all your marketing. I’m some states you also need your license number.

I have never heard of a broker making special requirements on a custom domain name. As long as you don’t use “realtor” in the domain name...or any other trade mark.

Your broker may not permit personal branding. If that is a huge issue for you, check out Keller Williams. They are the most encouraging of personal realtor Branding.

Hope that helps!!

User Stats

Votes
RL Spencer II
  • Frisco, TX
Votes |
  • Frisco, TX
Replied Oct 16 2017, 15:07

Yes, that was very helpful! Thanks.

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes