• New to Real Estate
  • Atascadero, CA
Votes |
First investment property financing

Sean Harris
  • New to Real Estate
  • Atascadero, CA
Posted Oct 21 2017, 09:58

Good morning bigger pockets members! I have a question or two that i have been going back and forth on and cant seem to find the best way to tackle it so here it goes. I am going to get into real estate investing and want to aim to buy 3-4 multi family units in the course of 1 year. That is my early New Years resolution to myself. The issues that I am finding myself stuck in and overthinking are how exactly to fund this the proper way. My options that I am considering are either getting a HELOC and using that money to fund the 25% down that I need on the rental and use the BRRR method or refinancing my current home and using the equity to get the same process done. Problem i'm having is I would really rather not wrap my primary home up in my investments if i don't have to. So are there any other options to look into that wont require me to tie up my primary residence? I Have heard of some kind of HELOC based off of your credit score and not your house but cant seem to find much on the subject.

Loading replies...