Rob Munnings
  • Chicago, IL
Votes |
Looking to break into real estate in Chicago

Rob Munnings
  • Chicago, IL
Posted Nov 30 2017, 14:02

Hey Everyone,

I apologize in advance for the longer post.. I have been a member here for a little over a year now, but this is my first time posting. I am 25 years old, and I have spent the past couple of years reading/listening to everything I can get my hands on regarding real estate investing, and my day job is in finance so I am pretty comfortable with the pro-forma aspect of things. 

I have finally saved up enough money for my first purchase, and I am looking for a fix and flip somewhere in the chicagoland area (I currently live on the west side, so I am most familiar with opportunities in neighborhoods like Logan Square, Wicker Park/Bucktown, Hermosa, Avondale, etc., but I am also considering up and coming neighborhoods on the south side like Woodlawn and Bronzeville). 

I am definitely in the analysis-paralysis stage, as it seems daunting to just jump right into something like this alone (any time I see a potential deal I get caught up thinking, "what am i missing, why hasn't anyone else jumped on this?"), so I am curious--what events/associations are best to join in this area so that I can expand my network and find a potential partner or even a mentor? Should I just start reaching out to agents/wholesalers? any thoughts anyone has would be much appreciated, even if it is just words of encouragement from someone who recently overcame this position!!

Thanks!

Loading replies...