Eric Sender
  • San Diego, CA
Votes |
Looking to Start with Turn-Key Investing

Eric Sender
  • San Diego, CA
Posted Dec 11 2017, 16:13

Hi Everyone,

In extension to the thread I made here Finding my first Deal, I am realizing that Turnkey may be the best way for me to start off. As of now --

• I want to keep my down/up-front payment in the $20-25k range
  • I pretty much need to be out of state because I live in CA and it seems there is nothing profitable at the lower end. 
    • I hear Kansas City is a great option
  • Looking to build a team
  • I did read this article The Dirty Truth About Turn-Key Real Estate Investments so I acknowledge there is more profit to be made by manually following something like the BRRRR method, however my first go it could be too much. I do work full time after-all.

I got a few college requests in my last couple posts from (I believe) Real Estate firms, but It'd be great to chat with someone a bit about how the details of would work. In essence, I am hoping to form a team with a property manager, lender, etc. 

As an aside, does anyone recommend I actually start off with BRRRR from the get-go? I'm feel I understand the theory behind it and it sounds like an excellent way to make money while revamping homes and adding value to a neighborhood, however I really don't have a network to make the process fluid to any degree.

Loading replies...