Starting Out
Account Closed
  • Roselle, NJ
Votes |
Apprenticeship Stories and Ideas! Please Contribute

Account Closed
  • Roselle, NJ
Posted Dec 14 2017, 12:26

I'm sure a couple of young grads and aspiring investors can relate."Not wanting to go/stay in the corporate machine, as life as an investor and entrepreneur is more rewarding in every single way". 

I graduated in May of 2015 and spent months looking for a job, reluctantly I might add. I graduated with a Finance Degree. I got a couple low paying jobs to meet my monthly needs in terms of paying bills then eventually I got into coaching soccer full time which pays me a good dollar amount per hour and affording me tons of time to learn RE, Network and Drive for dollars to scope out properties and get a feel for markets. 

Although my dollar amount per hour is good and helps me cover the bills, there tons of off time during the year which makes it hard to take it full time. Unless I would open my own soccer business which isn't something I'm looking to do in the near term.

I don't feel that I'm making enough money nor do I feel that chasing another job will make a huge difference in the amount of money I can save. Sure If I get a second job, I can easily save about $1500-$2000 a month  for marketing a campaign but it still would take me YEARS before I can save for a down payment and have a bit of a safety net. Not to mention my sanity of working two jobs trading time for money and having little time to stay connected to RE. 

I read a post on here in which somebody made a good suggestion. He said that instead of chasing income, why not seek an apprenticeship to bird dog, build connections and learn how to be RE Investor. To me that sounds like great idea even though it doesn't boost my income in the beginning. I've made some connections so far. And I would say I have built a very good knowledge base in terms of Calculations, Market Analysis, Strategies, Tax laws and a tiny bit on the what certain rehabs and construction can cost.

SHORT TERM GOAL (NOW - 5 YEARS): Build Capital through Wholesaling and Flipping Properties

LONG TERM GOAL (4-8 YEARS) : Invest in Large Multi-Family Units (Syndication Deals) 

What are your thoughts?

If any of you have some Apprenticeship stories that you can share, I'd love to hear it!!

Thanks in Advance

Loading replies...