New To Real Estate in Harford County Maryland

4 Replies

Hello BP,

I am excited to be a part of this network of incredible people. 

I am looking for advice. I think I would feel more comfortable partnering on a deal with someone. Although I have little cash on hand (most tied up in my business), I do have a lot of experience in rehab/remodeling. I would be interested to get people's opinion on this idea.

I currently own a flooring company and I was wondering if my experience as a contractor could be used on a partnership. As I said before I am eager to get started but nervous to go it alone. Would it be possible to network with experienced investors and offer my skills/trade as a way to get my foot in the door. I do have access to some funds but would it be feasible to offer "sweat equity" and possibly offer my flooring services at cost / free (flooring as my investment)?

I know its all about being creative so I am trying to use what I have to get started sooner

Any advice would be greatly appreciated

Thanks in advance

Shane Correll

Hi Shane!

I'm interested in a discussion. Let's chat.

Zach Zander

Welcome to BP, Shane. Send me a PM if you are interested in chatting.

Rich Carlton

Richard Carlton

Welcome Shane!

My husband and I started out in hardwood flooring also.  Being in homes is the best way to get a feel for what buyers are looking for so you have valuable knowledge.  And you have experience with project management.  Flipping a house is the same as what you are doing now, there are just more moving parts.

We have flipped 7 houses in Montgomery County, and work here and in Prince George's.  If you come across any deals in that area I'd be happy to discuss partnering.  The key is to just get started!  I'd add that in a market this tight if you come across a deal MANY experienced investors would be happy to partner.  You would be bringing huge additional value.

Good luck and keep us informed!  Feel free to PM me.

Katherine Kesselring Arredondo

@Shane Correll

Be glad to help you out. I am currently mentoring 11 BP members. Send me some info as I can always use a good flooring guy.

Rich Baer

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
          • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
          • Learn how to get started with or without money,
          • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
          • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.