This is such a broad question for a very specific situation. What I mean is that there are many variables involved here that have more questions that need to be answered first. Here are a few:
1. What area are you looking to invest in?
2. Are you looking to Househack or BRRR?
3. Do you plan on being hands on with your property or want to be passive as possible?
4. Are you looking for complete gut jobs or midway turnkey?
There are so many variables that I would suggest you first do your research in your market area (average costs of triplex/quadruplex in that area, property taxes, average rent etc.) Then start looking at what you think you can afford and how much work you are willing to put into it.
Once you figure those out, then you can start pinpointing on what your plans are.
Free eBook from BiggerPockets!
Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!
- Actionable advice for getting started,
- Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
- Learn how to get started with or without money,
- Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
- And a LOT more.
Sign up below to download the eBook for FREE today!
We hate spam just as much as you
Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate
Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing