Capital for a Triplex/Quadruplex for repair cost

1 Reply

As a real estate newbie, I have come to the conclusion of investing in a Triplex/Quadruplex. I strongly feel this is the best route to take to start off my real estate career. my question is this: -How much capital do I need to save to be able to invest in a Triplex/Quadruplex for repair coast, and other maintenance services needed? ( not included the down payment for the home)

@Carlos A. Gonzalez

This is such a broad question for a very specific situation. What I mean is that there are many variables involved here that have more questions that need to be answered first. Here are a few:

1. What area are you looking to invest in?

2. Are you looking to Househack or BRRR?

3. Do you plan on being hands on with your property or want to be passive as possible?

4. Are you looking for complete gut jobs or midway turnkey?

There are so many variables that I would suggest you first do your research in your market area (average costs of triplex/quadruplex in that area, property taxes, average rent etc.) Then start looking at what you think you can afford and how much work you are willing to put into it.

Once you figure those out, then you can start pinpointing on what your plans are.  

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here