Starting Out

User Stats

Votes
N/A N/A
Votes |
Goverment grants

N/A N/A
Posted Aug 3 2008, 10:59

I just signed up to go to a semiar in a couple weeks about getting goverment grants to purchase a home.

Does anyone know about these grants? Can you really get them ? and if so how hard is it to get a goverment grant?

Thanks

User Stats

Votes
Tom McGiveron
  • Residential Real Estate Agent
  • Moriches, NY
Votes |
  • Moriches, NY
Replied Oct 29 2006, 08:16

oh boy.

how much did you pay for this seminar?

User Stats

Votes
N/A N/A
Votes |
Replied Oct 29 2006, 21:33

The seminar was free I didnt pay anything. Is it a scam?

Rental Home Council logo
Rental Home Council
|
Sponsored
Advocating for Single-Family Rental Housing Drive rental policy change. Protect your investments with a National Rental Home Council membership.

User Stats

Votes
Tom McGiveron
  • Moriches, NY
Votes |
  • Moriches, NY
Replied Oct 30 2006, 01:33

i have no idea if it is a scam or not. probably not. but it probably will refer you to buy material from them.

i looked into the whole free money gov't grant thing - it's overwhelming.

i'm sure you can learn a thing or two if you make it your focus...in life lol

but seriously, for me, i just basically got overwhelmed with the amount of information on gov't grants. they certainly do give lots away for all sorts of projects and studies. if you learn anything or come into good quality information or leads for obtaining free money - let me know.

i know one "technique" they may discuss is calling several times to the same office. each time you'll get someone different and you'll increase your chances of obtaining better information. the average person calls on something one time and then gives up and never calls again! that's just a bad policy in general.

but this "technique" is complete COMMON SENSE. many of the "techniques" talked about in all these types of grant books, seminars on rei and business etc, are dressed up good ole common sense stuff. but of course, what is "common sense"? it requires some form of commonality with a topic. most people don't have that commonality with business, real estate or finance. hence, all the seminars and "techniques".

i hate that word. but, it's making people money - that's capitalism!