Guide to career in property management

1 Reply

Hey everybody! I am new to real estate and want to dive into this industry as fast as possible. I plan to invest, but I also need to move from my current location, meaning I need to start applying for jobs as soon as I can. If my goal was to become a property manager, would I have to be a leasing consultant or assistant property manager first? I have a bachelors degree in finance and marketing, and I currently work at a bank analyzing commercial loans - I have worked here for a year and two months. I want to move to the Phoenix area as well if anybody has any recommendations!   

Hey Jalen! I personally started out by obtaining my RE license (required to be a Property Manager in most states) and got a job as an Assistant Property Manager. Within nine months I was offered a job as a Property Manager and now run a property management company. It's always good to get your foot in the door of an industry you love! Feel free to reach out if you have any questions about property management and what it entails.