How do you stay motivated to keep flipping, investing, etc?

2 Replies

Hello fellow BP'ers,

I am taking a year to prepare and study (a request from my wife) before entering into the REI world. My question: how do you stay motivated to continue fighting the fight to keep investing, flippling, selling, etc. Real estate?

What does your everyday look like? 

Do you surround yourself with fellow investors to stay focused? If so, how important is meeting up with these like minded people? How often do communicate and how often is it done?

Does having an everyday routine keep you focused? What does that look like?

If there are any other questions I didn't ask, please add to the list.

Thanks so much guys. You have been a huge help so far.

Originally posted by @Dan D. :

Hello fellow BP'ers,

I am taking a year to prepare and study (a request from my wife) before entering into the REI world. My question: how do you stay motivated to continue fighting the fight to keep investing, flippling, selling, etc. Real estate?

What does your everyday look like? 

Do you surround yourself with fellow investors to stay focused? If so, how important is meeting up with these like minded people? How often do communicate and how often is it done?

Does having an everyday routine keep you focused? What does that look like?

If there are any other questions I didn't ask, please add to the list.

Thanks so much guys. You have been a huge help so far.

Your Question: "how do you stay motivated to continue fighting the fight to keep investing"

It's my passion. I find that meeting with other investors takes away from my time to find good deals. I make friends of as many people: prospects, sellers, buyers, private investors, that I meet along the way as I can. The question is: "Do you love people"? If you love people, the business will find you. You will have lots of fun, and make a lot of friends. If you are a troglodyte and simply say "um" & grunt now and then, you probably won't like being an "active" investor. If you are shy and reserved then perhaps being a "passive" investor is better for you. I love the challenge of finding the deals no one else sees, and then making a great profit for me and those who Joint Venture with me. The thrill of the chase  . . .