Dentist looking to invest in real estate

9 Replies

Greetings Bigger pockets community,

I'm a dentist currently serving in the AF. My goal is to achieve financial freedom by 35 and I am well on my way to doing so. Real estate will provide me the final missing piece of cash flow in excess of my lifestyle’s expenses. I have money saved and I'm ready to invest this money.

My plan is to house hack a 4-plex ideally but I'm fine with a duplex or triplex at our next base in Minot North Dakota as a first investment.  I am definitely interested in any information that someone may have.

I am also very interested in notes investing and would love to connect with others in this field.

Thank you all for taking time to read this and please let me know if I can be of assistance to anyone!

Cheers

@Lane Kawaoka Thank you so much for your kind response.  I checked out your website and it looks excellent.  Would definitely love to chat and hear your real estate journey and let me know if you or someone else is looking for lending options as I'm looking investment options.  Feel free to message me if you want to discuss further

Welcome to the Bigger Pockets community. I am also in the Air Force, currently living in Minot, and looking to invest in a similar size property while I'm stationed here in Minot. I've made a lot of connections in the area (unfortunately not in REI but lots of private businesses), and am receiving good information about where to buy and the risks of other areas. I'd love to get together with you sometime and discuss ideas, even if we don't do business together. I will definitely help you out the best I can. Let me know how I can help!

Hi Eric, first thank you for your service! My advice to you is simple:

decide if you want a totally passive investment, where a project manger actually finds, rehabs, rents and distributes your cash flow back to you....or do you plan to be hands on? Personally, I have 17 single family  homes, government subsidized units that out perform anything I've ever seen. (my latest was a 5 bedroom,   $920 guaranteed rent, $500 clear cash flow on $60,000 investment) I'm just a retired architectural designer, but I found a unique WWll city with below market and inexpensive homes with huge demand from gov sub Urban dwellers!!! contact me if you have any interest!!

I love seeing my fellow AF and military brethren on here and making it happen! Keep rocking it! REI is a great way (the best in my opinion) to get that passive income we all desire. I love the idea of house hacking the quadplex and if I knew "then" what I know now I would have done a lot more of that for years and years now. Anyways, please let me know if I can help at all. I work with a great group of military/Vets and we are always trying to connect with more. That goes for @Chase Stocki , @Eric H. and any other military/vets folks of course!!! Let @Markian Sich , @Eric Upchurch , or me know!

@Eric H. sounds like you’ve got it figured out, keep crushing it! Keep everyone here posted when you find your 4-plex!

Also, check out @Eric Upchurch 's recent blog post. It might not be about 4 plexes, but it could give you a couple of ideas on what to think about on your journey when leveraging your VA Loan!

https://www.biggerpockets.com/renewsblog/how-to-use-the-va-loan-to-build-capital-for-real-estate-investing/