• Contractor
  • Long Beach, CA
Votes |
Trying to find a Four plex in the Bay Area, CA

Paul Hutcherson
  • Contractor
  • Long Beach, CA
Posted Jul 22 2018, 19:09

Recently moved to Walnut Creek, CA from Jacksonville Beach, FL.

I am currently looking to buy my first property, this will also be my primary residence. I am looking to build equity in the property as well as specifically looking to purchase a Four-Plex. Since I work in Downtown San Francisco and intend on living the in one of the units I want my max commute to be 50miles. I have no debt, no car payment, and my income is alright. I am prequalified for a decent amount all things considered not making that much in this market.

As I am starting to become more efficient at analyzing properties rent control seems to always be the deal breaker. Cash flow is a but a dream out here so I am just trying to cut down on my rent payment as much as possible.

I feel like using the public MLS platforms are just helping with actual market value and trends. That being said I believe searching for off market deals seams to be the way to go in the Bay Area for my situation. I am trying to dive into real estate investing and believe creating a mailing list and searching for current lackadaisical landlords on Craigslist might be the golden ticket.

Perhaps buying a single family residence and renting out rooms would be more feasible. Then I could focus on buying multi-family units out of start or back in Jacksonville.   

Thank you for your time,

Loading replies...