Looking for my first investment what should I be looking at?

Looking for my first investment what should I be looking at?

Rental Property Investor · Laredo, TX · Member since 2018 · 7 posts · 2 votes

I'm 19 years old and I'm wanting to have 20 properties by the time I am 25. I have an idea on what I want to begin with but I would still love to hear some suggestions on what my first investment should be. I would like my first investment to go as smoothly as possible.

0Reply
37 views

Most Popular Reply

Naperville, IL · Member since 2018 · 32 posts · 24 votes
8y

Hi @Joshua Mercado.  Just start doing a ton of research here on the site.  Read the forums.  Watch the webinars.  Use the calculators.  You can learn a lot in a short time if you devote the time.  No one can tell you what to invest in since everyone's situation and goals are different.  There are many areas in which you can focus so only you can decide what is best for you.  Being that you are young, you may want to do some wholesaling to start so you can raise some capital, but again I don't KNOW what is best.  Maybe you're sitting on a million in cash and want to invest it.  This site can provide a wealth of info if you're willing to put in the time.  Good luck.

See this reply in the discussion

4 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Real Estate Agent · Denton, TX · Member since 2016 · 75 posts · 54 votes
    8y

    Hi Joshua,

    For your first property or two, I'd suggest sticking to your local market if at all possible. Investing too far from your home can be difficult, especially for someone new. 

  • Naperville, IL · Member since 2018 · 32 posts · 24 votes
    8y

    Hi @Joshua Mercado.  Just start doing a ton of research here on the site.  Read the forums.  Watch the webinars.  Use the calculators.  You can learn a lot in a short time if you devote the time.  No one can tell you what to invest in since everyone's situation and goals are different.  There are many areas in which you can focus so only you can decide what is best for you.  Being that you are young, you may want to do some wholesaling to start so you can raise some capital, but again I don't KNOW what is best.  Maybe you're sitting on a million in cash and want to invest it.  This site can provide a wealth of info if you're willing to put in the time.  Good luck.

  • Rental Property Investor · Laredo, TX · Member since 2018 · 7 posts · 2 votes
    8y

    I wish!! Hahaha I’m a full time student working a full time job saving day by day. I’m trying to save enough to put 10% down on a loan on some cheap land and install some mobile homes. I know mortgage cost but none when it comes to installing utilities, plumbing etc.

  • Naperville, IL · Member since 2018 · 32 posts · 24 votes
    8y

    @Joshua Mercado - Do a search for house hacking.  That might appeal to you and is a great way to get started.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.