Starting Out

User Stats

Votes
Matt Carroll
Votes |
Can you avoid debt?

Matt Carroll
Posted Oct 13 2019, 07:25

I’m currently in the Rehab process of my first Brrr and wondering how to avoid continuing to go into debt using the Brrrr strategy? Or is that just part of it?

I’m interested in a multi family unit and advancing other properties but feel hesitant because of taking on more debt. Any thoughts from BP folks would be great!

User Stats

Votes
Bill Pate
  • Real Estate Investor
  • North Ridgeville, OH
Votes |
  • Real Estate Investor
  • North Ridgeville, OH
Replied May 8 2020, 16:34

@Matt Carroll the unit needed the carpet ripped out and replaced through out.  That particular unit is 1550 sq ft.  So lots of flooring materials to purchase, and one of the bedrooms was sans closet.  So I had my contractor build a closet and paint to match.  Also I had to purchase appliances including stove, fridge, and microwave.  Most people don't want to provide their own appliances.  Also we had to put a proper door on the bathroom.  Previous owner had actually put a sliding closet door on the bathroom.  So we took that out and put in a proper locking door.  Everything was cosmetic, but because there was so much flooring to do that drove the price up.  My contractor got it all done in three days and I had it rented by the weekend.